Thursday 29 May 2014

Spring Refresh...



I have a couple of products in my make-up bag that I will always buy again and again but in the summer I like to use lighter products and tend to swap a foundation for a BB cream. I've replaced a few items recently so that my make-up bag is summer-ready…


New Items:

Foundation:
Instead of my usual foundation (Maxfactor Whipped Crème) I’ve started using Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream, which I am really liking. It feels a lot lighter on the skin but still gives a good amount of coverage, as well as really evening out skin tone – it also gives a nice glow and smells gorgeous too.

Blusher:
I usually use Natural Collection powder blusher but this summer I thought I’d try a cheek tint. I’ve been using Rimmel’s Stay Blushed in pop of pink, which looks quite a scary colour when you first squeeze it out but once blended into the skin it looks really natural. I'll be taking this on holiday with me as it's so easy to apply and gives a nice bit of colour.


Accessories:
I’ve also recently added a few new make-up tools to my collection from Real Techniques and I don’t know how I have survived without them! I had been using the brushes that come with the Bare Minerals starter kit, however, since using the Real Techniques Powder Brush & Blusher Brush, I have realised how bristly they were. My new brushes are so much softer and when applying powder/blusher I find they give a nicer finish. 
My favourite item though has to be the Miracle Complexion Sponge… I’d usually just use my fingers to apply foundation which I thought gave a pretty good finish but now I’ve started using this, I’d never go back to doing that. I’ve tried applying my CC cream with just my fingers and the difference from using the sponge was huge – this product will from now on always be in my make-up bag! 


Make-Up Bag Favourites:


Primer:
At the moment I’m using Maybelline Baby Skin primer but I also love Rimmel’s Fix & Perfect primer too, both of these really do minimise the appearance of pores and as soon as they are applied, my skin texture looks so much smoother. They're both also a bargain at under £10!

Eyeliner:
Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen is my go to eyeliner, I never buy anything else! It’s great for creating a bold eye look, is so easy to use and seems to last for ages without drying out – which is why I love it.


Powder:
Rimmel's Stay Matte powder is great for keeping shine at bay and creating a flawless look, it's the perfect finishing touch.



No comments:

Post a Comment