Thursday 11 April 2013

Dissertation Writing | ASOS |






Apologies for the lack of posts in the last month, I've been very busy writing my dissertation. Thankfully the stress from writing it is now over and it is printed and bound ready to hand in. My dissertation looked at how a lot of high street retailers have been disappearing recently and operating their businesses online only, which means that the online retailing market is becoming more and more saturated and retailers have to offer their customers a variety of products and services that their competitors are not. I have been looking at ASOS’ business model in the most detail and have found that they do actually offer a lot of services and their product range is quite vast which is contributing to their success. In February of this year ASOS announced that their year on year global sales had increased 37% (UK sales 28% and international 45%) which shows that they are still attracting new customers even after 13 years of retailing. ASOS continue to offer their 6 million active customers across the world many reasons to shop with them including Marketplace, Fashion Finder and the newly added Fit Visualiser and gift list but with their international sales overtaking the growth of UK sales, will they introduce new services to encourage new UK customers? After looking at ASOS in depth, it is clear that a contributing factor to their success is the fact that they do offer a variety of services that make shopping with them so simple, they have an edge over competitors and are using technological advances to improve upon their already well established business.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlotte, I am currently doing my Business dissertation about ASOS (as you like I see). And I wonder if you could help me, if we can discuss about it and if it's possible to share your references. Thank you :) (And sorry for the English, it's not my native language)

    ReplyDelete